The Happy Side of 40 is run by Karen Stout (nee Andrews) as a sole trader. Your privacy is important to me, and in this statement I explain what personal data I collect from you and how I use it. If you have any queries regarding this data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order in my online shop, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example) if you contact me directly.
While you visit my site, the following information is tracked:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you submit a query through the contact form, I will collect your name, email address and your query. Contact form submissions will be retained for 2 years for customer service purposes, but I will not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on the site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
When you visit the website I use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is for my own marketing purposes to understand which pages are most popular on the site and to research customer patterns within the site. I do not access any of your personal data using Google and I do not allow Google or anyone else to make an attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my site.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your express consent, which you can revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purposes of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing the services you have requested and improving my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your information is important to me and I therefore share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies and payment providers (Paypal, postal services). I will share your personal information with these third parties but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Karen Stout, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.